We have changed our Site Maintenance process to include adding a ‘Wax Rinse Aid’ to the washing of the vehicles. This has no increase in cost to you but the finish of the vehicles on the forecourt is better with a deeper shine and reduced water marks.
- We are also trialling a ‘waterless’ cleaner. This has been developed for applications where there is a problem with water supply or drainage. This is a product we have had very good feedback where we clean vehicles out in the field, i.e. in city locations for rental companies where there is limited resource so we have to be self-contained. This could be suitable for any sites that have any of the above issues.
- Start by profiling your customer database. Is the customer a once a year visit, i.e. a retired driver who comes in for their annual MOT and service, or a fleet customer who does not pay the bill but does choose where his car gets serviced ‘etc’.
- We can then jointly put together a mailshot to set the scene of their next dealership visit. Suggest special offers which can include an ‘Enhanced Service Wash’ above and beyond the ‘free’ courtesy wash, leather and vacuum.
- We can also offer a Full Valet option whilst the vehicle is with you.
- Both of these options attract additional revenue and a bullet proof margin of at least 50% to you the dealer. Proven conversion rates can be as high as 40%. They key to a great conversation rate is incentivising your front line service advisors through targets and bonuses. This can put £16K per annum back to the dealer.